The models included the Camry, Corolla, Prius, Tundra and Sienna, among others. Toyota claimed the most top safety picks out of all vehicle manufacturers!
So what makes a vehicle safe?
If you’re looking at purchasing a new or used vehicle, you’ll want to read about and inspect these important safety features.
- Wheel Safety – Safety starts with the wheels. Looks for a vehicle with traction control, anti-lock brakes and smart stop technology. These safety technologies will help slow and stop your vehicle. Toyota’s smart stop technology reduces engine power to help bring your vehicle to a complete stop.
- Air Bags – Air bags are critical. For complete safety, look for a vehicle with front, passenger and side air bags. Most air bags are programmed to inflate only during critical situations. It’s important to never put objects around or near air bags.
- Seatbelts – By law, these come in all vehicles. However it’s important to make sure you use them. Every person riding in your vehicle should have a seatbelt. If there’s not a seatbelt for every person, it means there’s not enough room.
- Child Protection Locks – This is a great feature to prevent your children from trying to open the doors while driving.
- Impact Protection – Look for a vehicle with high-strength steel body panels and side impact beams. In the event of a collision, these features will help to protect you and your passengers.
These are some of the most important safety features. What do you think are the most important safety features? Leave your comments below. Find Toyota Sienna parts and Toyota Tacoma parts at http://parts.olathetoyota.com/.